2013 F100 nmea plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 F100 nmea plug

I have just bought another boat with a 2013 F100 4 stroke, I have swapped my Lowrance HDs units over and wired everything up and set up the nmea 2000 network. Went to hook up the interface cable from the F70 on my old boat but can’t find the white plug to connect to. Does the F100 have a different set up ? Regards Mick

What is the engine ID?

Comment

The plug should be one and the same as for the other Yamaha models that have Command Link capability. Dig deeper into the engine pan.

Comment

A "2013 F100" would be a sold-outside-the-USA version of the USA F90, no?

Comment

Engine ID is F100DET 609 L 1000106 N. Definitely no plug in the location on the photo

Comment

Try looking a bit further forward and down. Also look for two pink wires taped together with yellow tape.

Comment

I have just had another look and. I’m quite sure that there is no white plug on this engine there are also no pink wires, I know what I’m looking for as I’ve just disconnected them from my F70 to put on the F100. The only connector not doing anything is a grey 3 pin with 3 wires red with a black tracer, white with a black tracer and a black, it’s got me beat

Comment

My guess is that the wires and connectors are buried. You are not the first to swear they are not there.
                Last edited by boscoe99; 02-05-2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I’ve looked again, taken off every plastic cover but can’t find a white plug with a blue and a white wire in it, if it’s there it’s invisible. I did fin one more connector but it’s also a 3 pin one

Comment

I’ve just found out that the 3 pin plug with the cover on it is used for the output to the Yamaha Diagnostic System, so I would think that if I’m going to get any Nmea output it will be here, thoughts anyone. Regards Mick

Comment

Go and look and the wires to the ECU. The two NMEA 2000 Command Link wires should be attached at pins 35 and 42.

Comment

you wrote 35 and 42, but the pic shows 35 and 44

Comment

I did. Fat fingers. Screwed up.

The picture is worth a thousand of my words. Or numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pommymick View Post
                            Engine ID is F100DET 609 L 1000106 N. Definitely no plug in the location on the photo
                            You may "not" want to read this but, by that model and serial number here in Australia, that engine is listed as a 2005 model, I'm not sure where you are from, but prob UK by yr user name, i dont think 2005 model has the NMEA connection available, from memory that capability was introduced 07 or 08 ??

Comment

That’s probably why I can’t find it, I bought the the boat believing it was a 2013. It is in incredibly good condition for a 2005.it has only 300 hours on it. I’m in Australia

Comment

Working...
                              X