Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Engine details 115hp

Hi

I have recently inherited 3 Yamaha 115hp outboards all around 30 years old, but with very every little use and in very good condition. I have some details off of the engine plates as follows:

115CETO
    6E5 L 39757111

Can anyone please tell me what the above details tell me about this motor, what year it is, what details I'd need to order parts etc? Are there model numbers according to geographic region (Europe, Americas, Asia etc) is so which is this? Any help to point me towards a downloadable pdf for this model would also be of great help.

Many thanks
    Paolo

somebody ? anybody?

Comment

Help/information on a non-USA motor may be a bit hard to come by….but hopefully some of our experts on here can offer you some information….give them a day or so to read and respond….Good Luck! ,Paolo

Comment

Sorry. I missed this post from weeks ago.

115CETO is the model designation. Not distributed within the US.

6E5 is the model prefix and telling us that it is a 115 HP two stroke.

The L is the shaft length and telling us that it is 20".

39757111 is the serial number and telling us nothing. Why? Because Yamaha serial numbers are either six or seven digits. Never eight.

If we knew the correct serial number we can probably find the US equivalent model.

Comment

Also look on the mounting bracket on the other side of motor to see if there is a tag showing the date of manufacture.
          where are you and the motors located?
          have you checked with your local Yamaha dealer for info or service manuals?

Comment

Working...
          X