F225 Stalling Issue on Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Stalling Issue on Restart

I know this problem has been occurring with a couple members here and other forums. No one has been able to find a solution and its driving me nuts. The engine is a 2005 F225. It starts up perfect first thing in the morning and runs great on the way out to the fishing grounds. Once i shut down the engine and leave it off for a while on the restart the engine starts up fine again. It will throttle up and start going but will bog down and stall within a minute or so. Once this occurs i just pump the primer bulb a couple times and it starts up and runs fine until the next time it is shut down and sits for a while. I recently replaced the VST filter and the fuel relief valve assembly and it hasnt changed anything. Have brought it to my mechanic and he hasnt found any issues. Not sure what to do from here. Anyone find a solution to this issue ?

and I think you either have an air leak in the fuel suction side or a faulty low pressure relief valve.
    I see a few a month now.
    E fuels corrode the valve.

Comment

Rodbolt, would that low pressure valve be the "fuel relief valve assembly" Product Code: 69J-24460-00-00. I recently replaced it.

Comment

dunno.
        but if it only happens below 1200 RPM its either that valve or your sucking air.
        the air sucking is typically corrosion on the water separator head.
        its hard to see and no one ever looks at it.
        but the gasket surface corrodes.

Comment

What if it happens at 700 and 2200 rpm? I've checked and replaced everything...

Comment

then I would monitor the fuel rail pressure at the stall condition.
            this aint hard and its a stupidly simple EFI setup.
            also monitor the ISC valve temp.

Comment

Working...
            X