Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 ox66 200 high pressure fuel pump specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 ox66 200 high pressure fuel pump specs.

Anyone have the spec. for resistance of pump across the two terminals ? Thanks in advance for the help .

I can check my service manual (good idea to get one if you're doing you're own wrenching) later. But a better thing to check is your fuel pressure as that's the "end result"... and then work backwards if you need to.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Posted for you over on The Hull Truth.

Comment

Thanks , Boscoe and Dennis . I have seloc manual . I posted on Hull truth also . Responces are spec./value for high pressure fuel pump "resistor" which is a unit on top of engine . I have the pump on bench for testing . I checked one on a neighbors boat ,same model engine and reading is different than mine. I am just wanting to know if one or the other pump is on the way to failing ? Must be a spec/value or am I only to look for a open ? Both pumps work , just a pretty large difference in resistancce . Thanks again .

Comment

If the pump works I would not worry about the resistances seen on the meter. The pump is normally tested for output pressure.

Are both pumps original OEM Yamaha pumps? Many have swapped out the high priced Yam pumps for aftermarket pumps. Which could very well have different resistances if that is what you are trying to measure.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 02-01-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Typically the Seloc is more generic. But I looked in my Yamaha service manual - it's for a 225/250 - but this sort of thing will be the same. Just as we suspected, though - only a "spec" for pressure.
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
            X