ATS system for F90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATS system for F90

Is the ATS system available for a new F90?

What does ATS stand for? I am not familiar with this term.

Comment

Automatic *****ing System. You can control the RPM's at the wheel with a rocker switch. I am repowering a Lund 1775 with a new F90. My 90 Evinrude (1993) 2 stroke has a cracked block. I ***** a lot for Lake Erie walleye and that Evinrude would ***** at 1.1 to 1.5 on flat water on its own. I am wondering what to expect from the F90 in terms of RPMs and *****ing speeds. Looking for options if I need some.
      Last edited by wrestling coach; 07-14-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

yes, its standard.
        if using remote controls you have to use command link.

Comment

Yamaha refers to it as VTS for Variable *****ing Switch. Seems like it should have been Variable *****ing System but that is Yamaha for you.

As Rodbolt notes it is available on the Yamaha F90:

VTS® Switch – Variable *****ing rpm Switch on the Multifunction Tiller
          Handle or Command Link / Command Link Plus tachometer allows the
          operator to adjust *****ing rpm in 50 rpm increments within a range of
          650~900 rpm for F30, F40 models; 620~900 rpm for F50, T50, F60,
          T60 and F70 models; and 550~1000 rpm for F75 and F90 models and
          600~1000 for F115B models.

If you have a tiller handle model a switch will be installed on the tiller arm. If the boat is remotely con*****ed but has a Command Link tachometer you control the *****ing RPM via the tachometer. If you have a remote con*****ed motor without a Command Link tachometer installed there is a way to fabricate your own harness and switch which you can mount at the helm.

You got options.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Yamaha refers to it as VTS for Variable *****ing Switch. Seems like it should have been Variable *****ing System but that is Yamaha for you.

As Rodbolt notes it is available on the Yamaha F90:

VTS® Switch – Variable *****ing rpm Switch on the Multifunction Tiller
            Handle or Command Link / Command Link Plus tachometer allows the
            operator to adjust *****ing rpm in 50 rpm increments within a range of
            650~900 rpm for F30, F40 models; 620~900 rpm for F50, T50, F60,
            T60 and F70 models; and 550~1000 rpm for F75 and F90 models and
            600~1000 for F115B models.

If you have a tiller handle model a switch will be installed on the tiller arm. If the boat is remotely con*****ed but has a Command Link tachometer you control the *****ing RPM via the tachometer. If you have a remote con*****ed motor without a Command Link tachometer installed there is a way to fabricate your own harness and switch which you can mount at the helm.

You got options.

Well thanks for your reply and thanks for clarifying ATSwitch. This is a remotely con*****ed set up yet to be installed. Engine should be in in about a week. Yet to be determined is how this engine will ***** on my Lund. I need to achieve 1.0 -1.2 GPS speed on the low end for certain *****ing techniques. Don't know if I will reach that or if the ATS system could lower RPM's far enough to get there. Looking for options that would be available.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
            X