No announcement yet.

200HPDI yamaha possible fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Townsend is on the money. I sea fuel lines that look new on the outside but spiderweb inside and rotting. Johnnyrob each injector has a filter as does the fuel pumps (several). LOTS of filters that you can't sea. I just reread the couple last posts. Johnnyrob I know of NO fuel filter in this biz that costs $230 none/Nada.. U have a part number,, I gotta sea this for myself... G'day
    Last edited by Keithbaja; 03-05-2022, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback i'll check this, Cheers

Comment

Hi Keith, from checking online and talking to the boat place the filter I was talking about replacing is the called the vst filter, which is round metal filter inline just prior to the vst tank, apparently its only a 10 micron filter that is changed every 500-1000hrs, part no. based on what I saw similar online is 60v-24251-01-00, your thoughts ?

Comment

Send a pic please. The VST filter is in the vapor separator tank. Less than 20 bucks. Also when you change the vst filter replace the rubber seal o-Ring. Secure rubber seal with Gaskacince. Those screws are JIS. not Philips. If you only have Philip, first place screwdriver in the JIS screws and give a good whack whith a hammer. While loosening said screw push down with all the force you can muster. I still don't know of a filter that cost over 60 bucks. And I also work on CAT, Cummins, VOLVO PENTA, Detroits... You might say I at Almost 62 have a little experience in this field. K&T
          Last edited by Keithbaja; 03-07-2022, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Ok that metal filter /strainer is actually fed from the vst tank and goes to the injectors/pump so not going to replace that yet, but found another small filter just b4 the fuel pumps and after the clear bowl with the filter that i replaced, that i will change b4 vst as been told boat agent will have to order in vst filter and O-ring from overseas, may take a few weeks,, wont let me upload photos yet. Looking for these filters online but because my motor model is apparently oddball compared to mainstream its difficult to nail down matching models ie its a Z200NETO motor, will upload photos when i can downsize them with these squinty eyes! Lol. Cheers keith.

Comment

Here hopefully pictures of previous

Comment

Comment

WOW,, never seen that before.. Looks more like a check valve than a filter. BTW good pics !! The VST filter is internal. Like as in the tank itself.. I have been doing this long enough to never assume or think I know everything..
                  that's when I get bite in DA butt. Those motors have a lot of hidden fuel filters
                  A lot of them are fine mesh SS Screens. Do u have a REAL yammy service book.. Nothing else will come close. If no, STOP now and get one... I can't stress that enough !!!

Comment

Johnny, the first pic could be a filter I'm not familiar with. The second looks like a possible check valve. Does your motor come up on the parts breakdown. And do you have the correct Yammy service manual ? BTW u can back wash the smaller filters with brake clean. Then do a high tec test and blow thru to check for restrictions. The trick is making sure u have the flow direction correct. And a small note
                    the primer bulb obviously has a arrow for flow direction. Little known fact is they work best when arrow is pointing up as in skyward. The bottom ck valve likes the weight of the fuel to close. I have had fools try and argue. So I always have one in my service truck to prove it...
                    Last edited by Keithbaja; 03-09-2022, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks Keith, I am trying to source a service manual, with difficulty as sadly the service agents appear reluctant to tell you too much, and the ID tag appears contradictory on some sites, but waiting on some feedback from mega-zip as they look to have heaps of similar models and in depth schematics, which states the first pic after vst is a strainer? and Ive seen on line where some have replaced this after similar issues as mine and its sorted out the high rev missing, but thats connected with special securing clamps, the 2nd pic is a fuel feed assy, as its only cable tied on Ill check that for flow, but thinking the nxt step is to replace/clean the filter in vst, seen online where they just leave in place and drop the bottom off the tank, rather than remove all the hoses/connections etc on top, but I'll still need to get the gasket/o-ring, seen this as a kit and only 1 avail in NZ at close to $200, which is cheaper and quicker than getting it from US as shipping is more than $100NZ for any little thing! but want to make sure its the right 1 B4 I bite the bullet.
                      So just on the primer issue, yes I've seen and done what you highlighted and even replaced the primer bulb with a new one as the old one didn't appear to have as much suction....

Comment

The clamps I buy online (eBay) called Oetiker clamps single ear. They come in mm sizes. Cheap.. I stock a boatload of sizes. They do take a cheap crimping tool and there are some Trix to removing them.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrob View Post
                          Ok that metal filter /strainer is actually fed from the vst tank and goes to the injectors/pump so not going to replace that yet, but found another small filter just b4 the fuel pumps and after the clear bowl with the filter that i replaced, that i will change b4 vst as been told boat agent will have to order in vst filter and O-ring from overseas, may take a few weeks,, wont let me upload photos yet. Looking for these filters online but because my motor model is apparently oddball compared to mainstream its difficult to nail down matching models ie its a Z200NETO motor, will upload photos when i can downsize them with these squinty eyes! Lol. Cheers keith.
                          Z200NETO tells most of the world nothing about your model motor. Need the engine ID. Begins with the number 6.

Comment

Thanks for that the model is 6g6, yet when i search using that i get earliar carburated models up to yr 2000, when its an HPDI 2001 have added a picture of id, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for a service manual etc, thanks in advance

Comment

Thankyou all for your help, ideas and support on options with the fuel issue with my motor, think Ive finally got it sorted.
                              Between work and other jobs the missus prioritized! So I drained the vst tank a few times with nothing showing, so dropped the bottom of vst tank so I wouldn't have to remove all the hoses, clips etc, and found maybe 2-3 teaspoons of water and small ammount of what looked like fine sand in the recess below the drain bung, the actual filter itself and tank internals were actually very clean, so washed and blew out the filter, pumped a bit of fuel through to clear possible contaminants in the line, fitted a new gasket, took it for a spin, ran perfect, following week did a trip offshore 170kms and didn't miss a beat, so tI think thats sorted.
                              Now have to work on my 15hp yammy aux as an over zealous friend has run the motor too long without enough water and now have thickish oil coming out exhaust, blown head gasket???
                              Anyway thanks team.

Comment

Working...
                              X