Where does this grease go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this grease go?

Greased this point today on my F70, on the port side. Could hear it coming out somewhere, but for the life of me couldn't find where. Where is the "other end" of this grease point where I can check the ooze?

Comment

Cool. Thanks!

Comment

I can't sea

Comment

I can't sea the zerc fitting on this pos phone. I think that's the steering tube fitting which is the least greased zerc fitting on a outboard. And when it gets seized up its a bitch to repair. I have a zerc impact tool you fill with Krol oil and smack the hell out of with a hammer. Sometimes you need to heat with a HOT torch and burn the paint.. Grease a few times a season ( all zercs, tilt tube too)

Comment

Almost forgot in salt, once a season remove steering shaft and clean and regrease. I recommend OMC Triple guard grease. That's the rod at the end of the steering cable. Its not designed like you think it is and a common failure. I get 10/15 a season. Mechanical steering not hydraulic.

Comment

Huh, now I can sea the zerk with a ground strap. I need to look at a new phone soon...

Comment

Working...
              X