Sharrow Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharrow Props

Anyone here with any knowledge or experience with the new Sharrow Marine props?…..That look like they could be the next big thing to improve overall boat performance…

Lots of discussions over on The Hull Truth. Mostly naysayers. Mostly because of the price.

Seems they would have them made in China to get the cost down.

Definitely exotic looking.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Lots of discussions over on The Hull Truth. Mostly naysayers. Mostly because of the price.

Seems they would have them made in China to get the cost down.

Definitely exotic looking.
      how well would the quality be if they did that?

Comment

Quality should be as good as made in America. If Sharrow wants it to be so. CNC machine is doing the carving. Coolees work a whole lot cheaper than Amellican man.

Comment

It's funny how discussions like this go in spurts. I think I remember seeing Sharrow being discussed about a year and a half ago on multiple forums... then it went quiet for a while... now I see them popping back up again.

The idea sounds great - but they're way to expensive to be worthwhile for the average Joe. And... what happens if you ding it? Who can repair it? Certainly not my local prop shop!

Build quality all comes down to quality control. Stay on top of the Chinese factory with astute control of the process and things are good. Get lax in your management or don't give them enough "directions"... and then you'll see corners being cut.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

even tho a machine does the cutting, how good is the blank they are working with?
            is it a forged or cast piece they are machined from?

Comment

Don't know what material they use. Presume a forging if aluminum. A casting if stain less steel.

Comment

My gut feel is that China can produce whatever quality level is requested. We specify and request cheap shit so that is what we get. Then we blame China.

Cheap shit has its benefits and purpose. I am typing on a $30 smart phone. Works for me. In fact, I have four of them.

Comment

why 4 ?
                  you keep breaking them?
                  or different numbers for different girl friends

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                    why 4 ?
                    you keep breaking them?
                    or different numbers for different girl friends
                    One for my phone. The others don't have phone capability but do have internet capability via wifi. I use them mostly to provide audio to sound bars via bluetooth. So that I can listen to Spotify or the radio. One in the basement, one in the bedroom, one in the living room.

The one in the basement has a killer app for a digital protractor. Which I can use to take measurements of angles. All the while rocking out to Spotify sounds. Also an app for monitoring a lithium battery that I play with.

Oh, they can also be used to screen mirror images on the phone to my TV. What I can see on the phone is displayed on the big screen.

Comment

It all boils down to quality control by the company that owns "X" product. "Control" being the key word - staying on top of the manufacturer to make sure they keep doing what you hired them to do and that they're not slacking off or changing manufacturing processes to make it cheaper. A friend/acquaintance went through this with turbos that he had being built. As long as he kept visiting the factory every few to 6 months, it was good. If he went longer, quality started to drop off.
                      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

The award-winning Sharrow MX™ Propeller is specifically designed and optimized for operation on vessels with 150-450 HP outboard or sterndrive motors which range from single to multi-engine configurations.

Each Sharrow MX™ Propeller is custom manufactured in the USA using premium stainless steel for the boat and motor configuration it is intended for.

Comment

The Sharrow Marine website shows stainless and bronze props….$5000 to $10,000 prices!….But if these props will perform as advertised then I’m sure there will be plenty of high end buyers lined up with the money$$$$$…..Wonder what big prop manufacturers like Michigan Wheel think about the Sharrow design?….

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

One for my phone. The others don't have phone capability but do have internet capability via wifi. I use them mostly to provide audio to sound bars via bluetooth. So that I can listen to Spotify or the radio. One in the basement, one in the bedroom, one in the living room.

The one in the basement has a killer app for a digital protractor. Which I can use to take measurements of angles. All the while rocking out to Spotify sounds. Also an app for monitoring a lithium battery that I play with.

Oh, they can also be used to screen mirror images on the phone to my TV. What I can see on the phone is displayed on the big screen.
                            what phone service are you using for those 4 phones?
                            seems that would cost $30 to $60 each a month

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
                              The Sharrow Marine website shows stainless and bronze props….$5000 to $10,000 prices!….But if these props will perform as advertised then I’m sure there will be plenty of high end buyers lined up with the money$$$$$…..Wonder what big prop manufacturers like Michigan Wheel think about the Sharrow design?….
                              it would be interesting to see the difference they would make to a properly propped rig.
                              not sure it would be worth it since $5K to $10K is a big difference in costs to regular props
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 01-12-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X