Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Rodbolt/Sequoiya

On another forum a poster writes:

"I purchased a yamaha replacement cdi box with part number 689-85540-20-00 (A665). The replacement packaging states "The Magneto assembly is locked". does that mean, rpm limit is preset such as a BRP powerpack?
    I have never seen this on a cdi box before and I would like to know what it means."

I also would like to know what this means, if you know.

I have no clue.
    sounds like a poor translation from Japanese to anglish.
    its also known as jinglish .

Comment

If it is after market unit like the other guy mentioned then Rod probably has not dealt with aftermarket CDI much.

probably need to contact CDI if they are who made it and put the sticker on it

Comment

Since it has a Yamaha part number I assumed (yes, I know) that it was a Yamaha part. I will obtain clarification.

Comment

Replace the word locked with "sealed"..

Comment

But the Magneto assembly is not in the CDI so how can it be sealed or locked

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              But the Magneto assembly is not in the CDI so how can it be sealed or locked
              Maybe the boys across the pacific think of it as all together (assembly)..just guessing..maybe they had a surplus of bags.. They sent me a bag of "rock" washers once.??

Comment

Could have something to do with having a mechanical advance, as in the CDI does not alter ignition timing.

fook noes

Comment

Could be as you say,
                  Maybe this unit is for a mechanically advanced motor not the later ones where the CDI adjusted timing

Comment

when the motor has a fever RPM is reduced and the alarm audible and visuals are activated.
                    a direct quote from a tech guide about 05 or 06.

I have a box that came in an engine crate that says empty filler and sure enough the sealed box was empty.
                    \\
                    why some of the translations don't make it??? I don't know.

my wife is a certified ATA translator for Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
                    I had to help her with a Chinese Cherry auto manual that was POORLY translated to English and she had to translate that to Spanish.
                    what an ordeal.
                    mostly cause after cervasa frio por favor, I am out of Spanish.

Comment

I can relate to this translation business, I have a small threading machine, and the instructions are (exactly as written) "this machine will make the new machine equal by cutting off the spoke at due size nipper" try to work that out....

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                        I can relate to this translation business, I have a small threading machine, and the instructions are (exactly as written) "this machine will make the new machine equal by cutting off the spoke at due size nipper" try to work that out....
                        where was this machine made and translated from?

Comment

Made in China (I think) and knowing what it is used for, it must be translated from something that relates to making one item like the original (new thread) by cutting off material with shears/snips at the right size (due size nipper), but then, I could be right off with that....

Comment

Working...
                          X