2006 F225txr shutdown 4500 to 5500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F225txr shutdown 4500 to 5500

Ok i have an 06 f225TXR and it shuts down around 4500 to 5500 rpm it has 700 hrs on it and the last service was done in 2010 I've own it since Sept 2014 I don't have any alarms going off that are auditable

since then 'Ive installed a new water impeller and such and did an oil and filter change (thought i fixed the overheat problem)

Took it out last Sunday and shut down again @ 5000 rpm (shuts down to an idle)

really stands ya on your face when it happens thinking its the T-stats and poppit valve next

any info would be of help

Alarm should be sounding and gauges should show what put it into RPM reduction

Comment

No audio alarms no lights on dash no temp gages just tach and speedo
      2006 North River Seahawk 21ft
      Going to buy the Yamaha tech program and plug into it to check it out
      Loosing my hair over the problem

Comment

Are you saying your gauges do not have indicators for overheat or anything else?

What kind of gauges do you have?
        Not Yamaha apparently if no indicators

Comment

no they are not yamaha gages they are north river gages

as far as it being a fuel problem wouldnt it sound starved

it flat falls on its face like you hit a sand bar and throws you forward and does not come back untill you return the throttle back to neutral and it will accelerate till you get within the described rpm and fall again back to idle

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
            I think you have a fuel restriction. Does the primer ball collapse at the higher RPMs?

A clogged fuel tank pick up will cause your primer ball to collapse at 3000 to 5000 RPM - and cause the engine to do what yours is doing (lose power/RPMs and come back down to idle ok).

Second thing to try (before you throw hours of your time and start throwing parts at it) is to RUN IT WOT on a dedicated 5 gallon gas can direct to the engine (i.e., around your RACORS).

If it runs ok/normal on a dedicated gas can you found the problem.
            Nope no bulb collapse extremely hot water exiting top end of motor
            That's why I believe that it's the T-stats

Comment

Working...
            X