No announcement yet.

90 HP 2 stroke timing HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same issue. Ivebeen sent the wrong manual and I'm sure of it. I don't have the right measurements for idle and full throttle to even start with because I have the wrong manual. the company says they've even contacted Yamaha their self and Yamaha even swears by this manual being the correct one for my engine, but it doesn't state so in the copyright. What it says is that it's for a 1988 90hp ETF and I own a 1989 90 HP ETLF. When I went to set all the linkages A B C D to their correct factory spec, once I got down to the measurement for c (which was 74 mm) the linkage wouldn't even let out that far. it would barely even get to 64 and I still had the original markings on my motor and none of these linkages lined up to the original factory markings or even came close to what it said in this manual. yet when you look it up on Google for a Yamaha 90 etlf produced in 1989 this manual also pops up all over the Internet for being the correct manual for my engine????? I'm afraid if I put the timing light on it without having the correct measurements that I still wouldn't be setting it right following this book. I'm afraid that if I get a bunch of people that just do the same thing I've been doing since 2016 which is going to Google and googling 1989 90 HP Yamaha etlf this book keeps popping up on all the search and image results, so I'll just be told revert to the same book that I know is not correct and I'm back at square one. a lot of the other parts are probably the same but the linkages and the measurements for them are obviously different and I just keep getting told by this company that I am crazy and I'm doing something wrong or I'm slow. If anybody has a 1989 two-stroke 90 HP ETLF and knows the idle and full throttle degree measurements I could make sure that the tab is on TDC and start from there. but until I either get correct linkage measurements or correct timing measurements for idle and full throttle I'm stuck and don't want to ruin my boat. so no 4th of July and fireworks for us. Please help I will be willing to video chat and go through the process anyway that I can or comment back and forth on here with pictures however or whatever anybody needs me to do please help me out the family wants to see their fireworks this 4th of July LOL just to add it has a little of a rough idle before adjusting any of this but even though it's a 1989 it ran like a top I just didn't get the wide open throttle and needed to do a link and sync and the idol was rough and made the motor shake a little so I was going to try to do what I thought was right to remedy the problem but before this issue she ran like a top other than that. If I would have measured things and written down before I changed it all I might could at least go back to that but I only wrote down how many millimeters the linkages for a and b were and didn't do it for c which is the one that moves the stator around up at the top for advanced or retarding the engine... Sorry for rambling I was trying to include enough information to get some help thanks to you all
    Last edited by 89-90hp-ETLF; 06-24-2021, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X