Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 AED i think.

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, not new to the struggle.

I have what I think is a 75AED from the 80s, and when it runs, it runs strong. The bastard however has an intermittent electric fault that I can't find, sparks well one day and the next no fire from anywhere, changed out the CDI-same result, inspected the coils all in good nic. Now I am starting to wonder about the regulator rectifier (read somewhere that if this starts with niggles the tacho is the first thing to stop working, mine has never worked).

Can I replace the current unit with a aftermarket one, how are they sized? How can I confirm that it is indeed that MF that is causing me all the grief?

This has been going on for 5 years on and off. I don't get to use the boat frequently but it is reaching a point now that I am considering setting something on fire.

Thanks.
    T

In a Yamaha motor with CDI ignition the rectifier/regulator plays no part in producing the spark.

Comment

need to be measuring peak voltages into and out of the CDI while the problem shows up to see if something is out of spec
      or at least compare the voltages to when it is sparking OK

Comment

Working...
      X