Regarding multiple part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding multiple part numbers

I am pretty sure I have to replace my stator in my 2001 yamaha 30 elrz. When I pull up the parts in the generator section i get two part numbers for the stator assembly.

6H4-85510-F1-00

6J8-85510-A1-00

​​​​​​My question is are these parts interchangeable?
    Does it matter which one i purchase? And if so how do I know which one I need?

Thanks from Florida.

They are not interchangeable. It does matter which one you purchase.

You buy the one that the parts catalog says is for your model motor.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response Boscoe. I only asked because the Boats.net part catalog shows both for my model.

In my experience my engine uses parts matching the 6J8 designation.
        I was just curious because multiple part numbers came up.

So stick with the 6j8 parts then.
        Preciatecha

Comment

One more question if you wouldn't mind Boscoe,

I found a used working condition stator part number 6J8-85510-A0-00

Mine obviously calls for the 6J8-85510-A1-00
          With the A1 being the difference.

My understanding is that the A1 is the same as the A0 but with a design modification.
          I know an A1 should fit for an A0 but will the A0 fit into the A1?

The saving is substantial but will this work?

Comment

A 1998 30ELRW used the A0-00 part number. In 1999 it superceded to the A1-00.

I can see nothing that indicates that the A0-00 would not work on your motor.

But... I can only see so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FlCastnblast View Post
              Thanks for the prompt response Boscoe. I only asked because the Boats.net part catalog shows both for my model.

In my experience my engine uses parts matching the 6J8 designation.
              I was just curious because multiple part numbers came up.

So stick with the 6j8 parts then.
              Preciatecha
              I guess you saw the extra info Boscoe had in red on his reply#3 that shows what the different staters were for?

Have you tested you stator for in spec peak voltage outputs to the CDI?
              some how you need to make sure you need a new stater before you buy one

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

I guess you saw the extra info Boscoe had in red on his reply#3 that shows what the different staters were for?

It looks like motors that start with E... I think.

As far as needing a new stator, i havent absolutely figured it out but im about 95% on it.

My engine died one day at a minimum wake rpms and refuses to start. It will rarely sputter and run for a few seconds. Ive cranked it alot and it has only done it twice.
                Im getting weak orange spark in all 3 cylinders.

So I replaced spark plugs, made sure it was getting fuel, ruled out the killswitch, tested the resistance on the triggers, and stator. Stator was out of spec at 122ohms. That tells me i have a short in there somewhere. I couldnt check peak voltage because I dont have a dva.

My rectifier regulator has needed to be replaced and I put it off. It runs about 16.5v at wot. I think i killed my stator.

Either that or I sheared the woodruff key. Atleast in my amateur estimation.

Everything but the stator checked out ok. I am open to suggestions. But im 95% its the issue.
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  A 1998 30ELRW used the A0-00 part number. In 1999 it superceded to the A1-00.

I can see nothing that indicates that the A0-00 would not work on your motor.

But... I can only see so much.
                  Thanks for that Boscoe. Ill save about $450 if it fits or waste 125 if it doesnt. Lol
                  I Am down in sw fl and the fishing is peaking right now and im stuck shoreside looking at everyones pictures and smooth flat water.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Serious non sarcastic question. How do you check peak voltage if the motor will not run? Will the starter spin it enough to get a good reading?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Serious non sarcastic question. How do you check peak voltage if the motor will not run? Will the starter spin it enough to get a good reading?
                      manual has specs for cranking, and for other RPM when it is running.
                      taking the readings will tell what is out of spec going into the CDI, charge coils, pulsers, and anything else that feeds info into the CDI

the system has to create spark while starter is turning the motor so it can start

Comment

Working...
                      X