New 2006 F40TLR never been run, advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2006 F40TLR never been run, advice

I have a never been run 2006 F40TLR. Was wondering if there is anything I should do to it before starting for first time? Things I should check or do or things that need to be replaced before starting. I have read about the carburetors, have to say has me a little freaked.
    So I'm looking for recommendations or advice as what should I do before putting gas in tank and turning key.
    Thanks Pat

If no fuel ever been in the system then you should be way ahead of the ****...I'd put fuel in the tank and run it, AFTER reading/reviewing operators manual...and if you don't have one, a good idea to get one....

Comment

+1 ^^^. And get the owners manual. You still have to break the engine in.. The procedure will be in there.

http://www.yamahapubs.com/index.do?pg=search&category=4

To keep the carb(s) from later clogging up (if it sits for long time) use Yamaha's RingFree and a fuel stabilizer. Yamaha also makes a fuel stabilizer.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...?b=Search&d=34

You can get it a little cheaper on Amazon, EXCELLENT product..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 07-05-2015, 09:36 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

***,, thats rare

lots of varible's on this... I would get a can of "areokroil" and shoot some into the top of each cylinder first,,,then ck gear case oil and pull lwr unit and RnR impeller and give the seal under it a shot of kroil also prop shaft seal..now get your self a new fuel line system..oem or serria only...shoot both ends with oil before install..mix good twc3 oil on the heavy side with new fuel in known ,clean tank..before you re-install plugs and wire leads,,,gently spin the flywheel by hand..and if ANY tight,rough,hard spots....stop and find the issue before using the starter..."Remember,,There are no stupid boat questions" That said..I see a lot of stupid things done to boats and while on them !!"

Comment

This is a four stroke. Why the talk of TC W3 oil in the gasoline?

Comment

Want to thank you all for advice. Whole fuel system is new. Will get manual and follow recommended break in.
            Thanks again Pat

Comment

remember the advice about replacing the water pump impeller.
              its bad
              trust me.

Comment

Working...
              X