water flo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water flo

While winterizing and running this Yamaha 1998 25 hp two cylinder two cycle outboard motor with ear muffs, I noticed water coming out in various places that of course I can't see when it's in the water sucking up water the normal way water flo.png . The engine runs fine with no temperature problems but I'm just curious does this look normal to you.

new picture water flo.png

Comment

water flo.png

Comment

water flo 4.png new picture
        Last edited by fisherman363; 11-26-2021, 11:36 AM. Reason: bad picture

Comment

yes there are holes in the lower unit that need to drain water out once water gets into there, so it is normal as far as I can see

Comment

Could you take a better picture please. I have same engine and I dont see water like that when on the muffs...
            When I zoom in on your pictures they become blurry..

Comment

I can't get a larger picture, I'll try again.

Comment

new picture resized.png

Comment

All I can tell you is that mine doesn't have water coming out like that when on the muffs. When is the last time you had a look at your water pump and housing. You may have a bad seal on the water tube.

Comment

I can’t figure out what is going on in that pic. All the water that drains from my F150 lower unit drains straight down. No spraying sideways through seams etc. As written, take the lower unit off and see what is going on.

Comment

I googled ( flushing a Yamaha outboard motor with ear muffs ) and watched several video's that showed a similar water flow pattern as what you see in my picture. So I assume this is normal for my engine. As noted before the engine runs at proper temperature and has a good telltall stream.
                      Last edited by fisherman363; 11-29-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

water 1.pngwater 2.pngpictures from internet showing water flow similar to mine

Comment

Working...
                        X