Yamaha Square Gauge button problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Square Gauge button problem

I have twin 2011 Yamaha 250's with the square gauges. The tach gauges work fine showing all info except all of a sudden the Mode and Set button does nothing on BOTH gauges. I have recently installed a replacement Simrad Chartplotter. My system has had the Yamaha Gateway NMEA2000 interface since 2011 with no issues. I have tried resetting power trying it with ignition on and motors on and also off. Any suggestions on what could cause this?

Are you saying that the issue coincided with the install of the Simrad? If so, go back and verify the install/connections are proper and/or temporarily remove all components of that Simrad and see what happens.

You might, first, try electrically disconnecting the Yamaha gauges and then reconnecting.

Sorry I can't be more help - those are pretty basic suggestions I gave, but it's all I got!
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

It was about the same time as the installation of the new Chartplotter but I have since tried the gauges without power to the other instruments and same issue. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables to the gauge and still same issue.
      Last edited by Marty_Grady; 11-23-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I agree with Dennis it does sound like the chartplotter, might have taken control of those functions? Try giving Simrad costumer service a call?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty_Grady View Post
          It was about the same time as the installation of the new Chartplotter but I have since tried the gauges without power to the other instruments and same issue. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables to the gauge and still same issue.
          As I noted above, though, if the installation is what caused the issue (or you think this is the most likely cause) you need to remove the Simrad from the mix and reconnect things as before to verify.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
          X