2003 C40TLRB new to me with issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 C40TLRB new to me with issues...

Picked it up over the winter.Hooked up neg to starter ground bolt and pos to starter relay lug opposite the starter wire.Turn key and nothing ,operate trim tilt and just clicking from relay assembly box........Hooked pos directly to starter and tapped battery to see if starter worked and it does......Doing all this on a stand.Is there a neutral safety switch I'm missing?No cables hooked up ,just the 703 controls.

Broke out the multi meter,battery has 12.6 volts across the posts ,have 12.6 volts at battery cable starter relay connection,nothing at other relay post when turning key.Blue and green wires on starter relay assembly box have 12.4 volts when operating the trim/tilt.
    I checked 2 other batteries I have one with 12.6 across the posts and one with 12.4 across the posts.These batteries are used on my other outboards without any problems.
    Okay,checked small brown and black wires that operate relay.starter relay works properly.
    I hooked a jumper to the brown wire on relay that goes to the key switch and touched the battery.The relay then contacted allowing voltage through and on to the starter(just bumped it)
    Now I'm thinking the issue is with the controls/key switch or neutral switch.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LOWRIDER60; 07-04-2015, 01:45 PM. Reason: continually diagnosing

Yep,opened up the control box and the neutral switch was broken,so I disconnected it and now she turns over......

Comment

Working...
    X