Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frustrated with 05 VZ225TLRD

Engine: 2005 VZ225TLRD

My problems started a couple of weeks ago. My engine went down while fishing a tournament. It was discovered by the dealer that I had a short in the main power cord that runs from the battery to the engine block which fried the starter which was then replaced. The rubber boot where the wires enter the engine showed signs of extensive wear due to tilting the motor over time. Fast forward to the next trip to the lake. Engine starts excellent and runs out fantastic on the original run down the lake. After moving twice without issue the engine bogs down bad to the point that it won't get on plane and I limp back to the access at 7.5 miles an hour. Back to the dealer I go. They have the boat for several days. They replace the gas lines, and the wiring harness as both show signs of wear and failing. The computer shows loss of fuel pressure twice and overheating once in the past 20 hours. They lake test and said it runs out good. I pick the boat up yesterday. I head to the lake this am. I can tell immediately that I don't have full power. I get 5400 rpms and 60 mph. I try again and this time I get 5000 rpms and 52 mph. I fish for about 2 hours without starting the big motor. When attempting to move to another location I experience the exact same thing as previously, 8mph limping back to the access. I return to the dealer. They hook up the computer and find nothing wrong in the shop. They take it to the lake for testing and have computer hooked up. After 3 good runs it fails. They return to the shop and reconnect the computer. They now show 2 cylinders dropping, apparently when the motor gets warm. I was told that it was possibly the ECM which is not a cheap fix. They will be sending the printout to Yamaha on Monday for diagnosis. Anyone that has experienced similar issues or has knowledge of these issues please give me your opinion. Thanks

cause the puter only says what it sees.

did anyone happen to test Pulser coil voltage out?
    if it overvolts it can drop a cyl.
    typically will show an injector failure.

the ONLY way the laptop showed a cyl not fireing is if the shift position switch is closed.

its actually a fairly simple system. you just have to remember a lot of things are going on at once and they all have to be there.

does your dealership employ a master tech?
    do they at least have fuel and electrical certs on the wall?

the laptop is a fine tool.
    not near as good as the tool that sits above the shoulders.

Comment

Their master tech quit about 3 weeks ago. Will the Yamaha tech team be able to identify an issue by viewing the printout the dealership has on my engine? They had the computer hooked up during the lake test when the engine failed. The dealership is planning contacting Yamaha on Monday and sending the computer printout. Thank you for your input on this matter.

Comment

Working...
      X