F-40 FETL- idle control valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-40 FETL- idle control valve

I'm having sometimes problem with idle speed. When i start engine they imediatlly turn off. If i pull throttle on command and then start the engine works great, but soon as i close throttle on command engine stops.

When is this problem present I unscrew three bolts on the top of the throttle body and spray some wd40 in it and the screw three bolt back of idle control valve and then start the engine works everything perfect for about two weeks and then again.

The big problem is because yamaha don't sell idle control valve separatlly, only with body throttle control, which is almost 900€.

Has someone know some cheap fix?

What is the complete engine identification?

The F40FETL is not offered here in the USA.

Comment

Call Yamaha and see what they can do for you.

Comment

I have this outboard in croatia-eu

Comment

Try cleaning it with combustion chamber cleaner. good shit.

Comment

I done that, but it's good only for a couple of days. I already try to contact yamaha authorised service but they can't sell separatly also not having any used on stock.

Comment

sounds like your getting some excessive moisture under the hood causing the pintle shaft to stick.

it happens.

if this is happening and you don't find and correct the excess moisture a new one will do it again.

Comment

Working...
              X