No announcement yet.

90TLRV Crank Position Sensor Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joys of the English language. Where different words can mean the same thing while the same word can mean different things.

Where is Rodnut when we need him?

Comment

This has nothing to do with mercury motors. A crank position sensor is called a CKP. In the world of techs,, engineers, mechanics, part guys.. A MIL is a malfunction indicater lamp. Get a f-ing clue. Not my problem if you don't want to learn. Geez !! BTW sir Rodbolt would agree on this. And he is not the only tech on this planet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
        This has nothing to do with mercury motors. A crank position sensor is called a CKP. In the world of techs,, engineers, mechanics, part guys.. A MIL is a malfunction indicater lamp. Get a f-ing clue. Not my problem if you don't want to learn. Geez !! BTW sir Rodbolt would agree on this. And he is not the only tech on this planet.....
        Please show me in a YAMAHA shop manual when thus term is used.

I want to learn and am trying to get a grip on myself as I don't have a f..king clue..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
          WELL, search all you want. As a top Tech making 95 hr if you want to argue with me. Go for it. A crank angle sensor is referred to in the biz as a CKP... FACT !! It puts out ,02 to max 2 volts AC. Most have around 2K ohms of resistance. And a air gap of 30 to 50K... Get a GRIP !!
          Keith, thanks for (once again) sharing your background and experience, as well as insight into the “biz” while offering absolutely nothing of value or substance to this conversation. Go back and re-read my post and please explain to the forum how I argued with you on the CKP reference? Reading comprehension much? My brief interaction with you tells me more about you than your claim of 45+ years “working on engines”.

Allow me to share my background – I’m a CPA with 30 years of experience in my “biz” and when someone comes to me with a general inquiry in my area of expertise, I may choose to offer advice or not. Simple as that. I don’t feel the need to waste their time by repeatedly pointing out whether their “i’s” are dotted, or “t’s” are crossed.

Do us all a favor and just tap out of this thread. You clearly have nothing to add (unless you want to remind us all again of your experience, then by all means keep typing). Unfortunately, I don’t think you have the discipline or self-control to do so.

Oh, and finally, $95/hr? Trust me on this Mr. Moneybags, you don’t want to have a discussion about billing rates with me.

Comment

Its really sinple

Comment

Let me guess,,, you watch TV,, don't speak any languages, vote and have never lived or traveled outside of your home state............

Comment

Townsend, your cool.. This isn't about you.. Jake,, do your mom, bitch

Comment

Certified Public ******* jake

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

I just do not see how CKS would be an abbreviation of a Crank Angle is Sensor like he wrote.
                    Or even a MIL being an abbreviation of a Check Light Engine
                    MIL is quiet common in the automotive industry as well. it stands for Malfunction Indicator Lamp/Light

Comment

Originally posted by brian3006 View Post

MIL is quiet common in the automotive industry as well. it stands for Malfunction Indicator Lamp/Light
                      I agree, but it is not a Check Light Engine as he wrote

Comment

Are outboard motors part of the automotive industry?

Comment

Some folks say that words don't matter.

Outboard motors refer to digital electronic controls as "fly by wire". Are they?

Comment

does the signal run down a wire or thru the air?

Comment

Is a boat driven or flown?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                                Is a boat driven or flown?
                                it is cruised

Comment

Working...
                                X