F115 electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 electrical problem

I have a F115 connected to a 703 remote control. Has run well for a few years and when last time used a few months ago. Recently went to check engine hours and with ignition switch on and deadman inserted the panel displays don't light up, trim controls don't work and it will not crank. At the motor the motor trim control works. . Batteries fully charged and set on both. Removing cover on the 703 it seems there is no voltage on any wire coming from motor and (without wiring diagram) assume there should be 12VDC and the ignition switch set to on connects panel instruments and with on start connects to a solenoid in the motor.
    ignition switch has 6 wires - red, black, white, brown, blue, yellow - that all come from a wiring harness directly from motor as far as I can tell.
    Any suggestions for further trouble shooting? thanks

red wire should have 12+
    find out where it is and where it disappears has to be a fuse on the motor
    if it is blown, why did it blow.
    hopefully just corroded connections
    Last edited by 99yam40; 11-11-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

thanks, that lead me to this page from the F115 on motor fuses - would anyone have a fuse function list for them?

Comment

to me it would be good to see if one or more fuses are blown or just not allowing Voltage/current to flow thru them.
        And then chase what you find

I would think your service manual would give that info if not the owners manual

Comment

Working...
        X