Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150TLRD bogging when near WOT

Hello all!

Motor Boggs down when I get past half throttle or so. At WOT she moans and groans like she's starving of fuel and/or air. I just put new non ethanol has in her and new plugs. She almost sounds "raspy" when at WOT. She acts like she wants to get up and go, but something is holding her back...

I also cleaned fuel bowl and checked filter.

Anything I should look at? Something stupid I'm missing.?

Thanks!!!

Sounds like a fuel restriction. Might want to check the fuel rail pressure when it bogs.Could be dirty fuel injector, VST filter.. Some ideas to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautical View Post
      Sounds like a fuel restriction. Might want to check the fuel rail pressure when it bogs.Could be dirty fuel injector, VST filter.. Some ideas to start with.
      Sounds good man. Thank you.

Shouldn't I have around 30 + PSI?

Thanks!

Comment

at WOT you should have near 45psi.at idle about 37psi key on engine off 45psi (measure within 3 seconds of powering on) .
        You should notice pressure dropping near problem rpm.
        Last edited by greasyshaft; 07-02-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I recently got an email from my credit/identity monitoring service I have that this site was hacked and my username and password was stolen. WHICH led me back to this site ~7 YEARS LATER. LOL

Just to try and be helpful to anyone else...

The problem was indeed my fuel line. I had recently installed a new fuel/water separator and the old fuel line had some type of inner sleeve. When I pushed the fuel line back onto the new hose barb fitting, the inner sleeve or liner folded over and was starving my motor from fuel!

I hope this may help someone else one day. Maybe another 7 years from now! LOL

Comment

thanks for updating the thread even if is late

Comment

Working...
            X