No announcement yet.

Yamaha 1995 150 high speed warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a screw on the oil pump with an orange gasket, once the engine tank has oil in it crack the screw and oil should come out. No need to bleed anything else.
    Air is purged out of the engine tank when oil is being transferred through the small black hose at the top of the tank that goes into the intake silencer.
    Last edited by greasyshaft; 07-04-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD PIPE View Post
      I cleaned the engine tank and the oil looked good. Even the nipple on the bottom was clean. all the internal parts were cleaned and that black slippery gasket was changed. I guess I am just worried about air being in the system. Where, how does it purge out when the pump is filling the tank. I just want to verify that oil is going to the engine for my own peace of mind. Thanks
      Never hurts to put some pre mixed fuel in a portable tank or in your main tank and run it to verify the oil in engine tank drops (using oil) Mark level and remove cowling so you can watch it drop and then refill automatically.

If you replaced the remote tank I hope you replaced the inline filter also and cleaned/flushed the line to motor tank

Comment

Ok thanks. I did change the inline filter, I did not flush the hose, didn't think of that. I think my plan is to run it off a small gas tank with a mix and pull of one of the oil hoses leading to the carb and just see if oil is getting pushed out. Does this plan sound ok?

Also does anyone have a link on how to adjust the oil rod link bar? What position should it be in at idle? thanks guys for all this help!

Comment

Working...
        X