50hp 2stroke Yamaha Auto choke not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this it? this is from much older 50's and 40's

This is the one we're talking about, maybe yours is missing the black rubber cover
    Last edited by greasyshaft; 07-02-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys, Thank you very much for all the help here. You were right, it appears the lower part had broken off and remained in the lower housing. This is what confused me because it looked like 2 parts as shown on the photo Attach:
      Thanks again now to the fix anybody got a contact on a replacement part.
      Cheers Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys, Thank you very much for all the help here. You were right, it appears the lower part had broken off and remained in the lower housing. This is what confused me because it looked like 2 parts as shown on the photo Attach:
        Thanks again now to the fix anybody got a contact on a replacement part.
        Cheers Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

Greasyshaft, Thanks mate it was the lower one and had the rubber boot, as shown by the Attach: the lower bit is still in the lower housing and appears to be a seat for the upper pin. this is where the confusion started as it looked like 2 parts.
          Great help ALL

Comment

As a temporary fix I left the piece in the lower part and pulled the pin out a ways of the upper so when installing it pushes the lower part down as if it had been extended by the heating effect. Don't have auto choke but can leave it in the normal position and use emergency position if needed. It is starting ok now.
            I have been telling people for years that I know everything now I know its not true.
            Cheers Peter

Comment

ha
              I don't know everything.
              but what I don't know aint worth knowing
              actually, I learn every day.

Comment

If you do not learn something new everyday you are headed down hill or are already at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                X