Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 60FEDO 6H2K carburettor 6H20A T102 CARBURETTOR STARTER ASSY

Hello all
    i inherited 2 two old 60HP engines, the engines will only start if i turn the red plastic emergency start one click to the right. Does this mean that the carburetor starter assy is faulty?

It means the carbs need cleaning
    there is not enough fuel flowing during cold starts, so there are plugged up passages.
    if the motor will not start back up also when warm, there are more passages in carbs plugged, not just in the prime start system.

in normal, the needle should retract when cold allowing extra fuel flow .
    once running the needle should close off as the heater unit heats up from 12 volts from the motor charging system

Comment

Hi 99yam40, once started there is no problem starting again. is there a workshop manual available for these carbs?

Comment

I am sure you can ask you local Yamaha dealer.
        if you look at the sticky at the top it give manual part numbers, but you are not in the USA so Boscoe might help with a cross reference to a us unit

Question for you how are you trying to start the motors?

should not be moving the fast idle lever, leave it alone
        unless you flood the motor

Comment

What is the complete serial number of your motors?

The Yamaha service manual addresses the carburetors but it does not go into much detail at all when it comes to cleaning the carburetors and the prime start system. The manual is not a "how to" manual for a novice. It is written for someone that has had formal Yamaha training.

Watch this video and then see if you want to take on the job yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_U...mIRUO&index=53

Comment

Hi Boscoe99, you are correct, I am not in USA, I am on Ascension Island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. everything we need here we need to import either from American or England. there is no Yamaha shop in 1000 miles fro here.
            My engine number: Yamaha 60FEDO 6H2K L 1006338 K I assume (2006)

Comment

6H2KL 1006338 is the equivalent of a US model 60TLR. Production year 2006.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...0hp/60tlr-0405

Comment

Working...
              X