Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part # update question? (Yamaha motorcycle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part # update question? (Yamaha motorcycle)

Yamaha motorcycle related, a question re part # and an updated #.

The parts diagram, on Partzilla (part of Boats.net), shows the thermostat to be part #5SL-12410-00-00 (for a 2007 Yamaha FZ6)
    ( part #1: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya.../radiator-hose )

I also found info re an updated part #; 5SL-12410-01-00 not on the parts fiche but showing elsewhere as an updated part / #.

Is one any better or the same as the other? Which to prefer?

Thanks ahead of time..

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

A -01-00 in most cases supercedes and replaces a -00-00.

If the supercedure happened a while back, more than likely the only part that is available from Yamaha today will be the -01-00.

For some reason or reasons unknown to me Yamaha felt the need to change the part. There are many reasons why parts get changed. Not all are related to the part actually being "better".

Comment

Excellent, just what I needed to know... Thank you..
      Scott

Comment

only way to know what the difference is would be to inspect both parts to see if you can see a difference.
        maybe it is material it is made from or temp it operates opens or closes at.

those engineers decided to change something for some reason, but they are not talking

Comment

When they do talk it can be gobbledegook.

Comment

The original part is not available (except maybe E Bay from a private party) and back ordered indefinitely.

I found some parts sites but the new # is backordered at least till 12/21

I can get by till then, it's staying slightly open when cold(not very cold down here) and doesn't overheat.
            Just trying to stay ahead of an issue and have the latest part available.

Scott

Comment

Working...
            X