Stiff Steering on 200 HPDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff Steering on 200 HPDI

We can move right to the engine and pivot arm because that is the problem. When trying to grease the fitting it is not accepting grease. It actually oozes back out the fitting.
    The motor is a 2001 and has sat for a long period. The steering was very tight and grease solved the problem a few years back. I'm guessing it's just loaded with corrosion and crude and needs to be cleaned and lubed.
    So where do I begin?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Grease fitting size

I just bough a grease gun 200 hp saltwater 1996
    What size fitting should I get foe lower unit

Richard

Comment

Spray it on top of steerin

I just had the same problem
      I sprayed the hell out of it with
      WD 40 5.95 lowes
      Then I bought grease gun
      I moved it back and forth for hour by had until it was easy

Comment

Common problem when the wrong grease is used, there is a couple of solutions (but only one proper fix) first, get a new grease nipple and see if you can then get marine grease in there, not water proof grease, or bearing grease! next try heat, and lots of it, when pumping grease in, and turning the motor back and forth, failing that, pulling it to bits and cleaning it all out is the proper fix, but getting it to pieces when it's gummed up is not a lot of fun.

Comment

I saw this the other day and thought it might do some good on some things, but I have not tried one before so do not know if it would work as they say.
          IPA Grease Fitting Cleaner | Hoses, Valves Fittings| Northern Tool + Equipment

Comment

Working...
          X