No announcement yet.

3 Flashing arrows on tach, no oil transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does that mean that I should be able to test for after the manual switch to see if SW2 is closing by checking for continuity between black and brown? Just like I did before switch. I guess I was wondering if the something is getting lost going through the manual override switch box.

okay
    this is where I am.
    key on , three flashing arrows on tach
    I think that means remote tank full but engine tank empty. But remote tank is full so is engine tank.
    I can drain engine tank. It drains all the way down until alarm sounds but does not transfer oil.
    I can use manual switch and it fills engine tank, alarm stops when it should, and it continues to fill until full.
    3 arrows still flashing on tach all of the time.

I tested engine tank senors switches for continuity. got continuity with all of them. SW1 (black/white), SW2 (black/brown), and SW3 (black/red)
    I tested SWB for continuity and it was good. If SWB was bad would it even let me transfer oil with switch?

I have unwrapped all wires, inspected and tested.
    cleaned all harness connections.
    cleaned all bullet connects both male and female

Is there a single issue that can cause the arrows flashing and stop the transfer automatically? Or do you think that it is 2 separate issues?

Comment

That is not a manual override switch box. It is the oil control module.

The toggle switch to used to merely transfer oil from the remote tank to the main tank if and when something else has failed. It has nothing to do with the automatic oil transfer system. Most Yams have the toggle switch mounted separately.

Comment

okay I will forget about that then. I know you have talked about it endlessly on here but I have done everything that I can think of. I assume, I am just missing something along then way.
        When you get time would you give me some things to double check. Most of the post are about not transferring oil. Do you think the flashing arrows is being caused by what is stopping the transfer? Or is it 2 different things? I have read and read and tested and tested but must be missing something.
        Any advice on where to start ? Even if it is another post that I may have missed. thanks

Comment

Boscoe he keeps asking what would cause the 3 lights flashing besides the loss of power you mentioned earlier
          Last edited by 99yam40; 10-23-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I am first trying to get him to stop thinking that the toggle switch to transfer oil is somehow in the loop.

Ever heard of target fixation?

Comment

Have you tested the oil control unit yet?

Comment

First of all sorry for the confusion. My bad. When I was asking about the switch I meant the box itself not just the physical toggle switch.
                I used a multi-meter set to 600 ohms and every reading on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th rows read as OL on meter so it was over 600ohms. Only way I could get a number was to set to auto reading or 600 Mohms and still most of them were too high to read. Local dealer here said that he could only find 2 at any Yamaha warehouse. At over 400.00 will probably try to find used one that will allow me to return if bench test shows no good. Thanks again and I assume this part could cause both the 3 flashing arrows on tach and prevent transfer?

Thanks....

Comment

Look just above the large box. On the right hand side. What do you see?

Comment

My typo. I even read it twice before I sent. I had it set to 600kohm not ohms. I even did it on autorange and all most all of them came up with OL

Comment

I am out of good ideas and altitude. Before I replaced parts I would do a few more simple tests. See diagram.

Comment

Working...
                      X