This Part Keeps Coming Out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Part Keeps Coming Out...

Does anybody know what this is? it keeps coming out - then motor won't go more than 5 mph. I screw it back in - but it never tightens up. Should it stay loose - or tighten up? it sits behind the carburetor on the right hand side. 2000 Yamaha 250. Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by A_Wagner View Post
    Does anybody know what this is? it keeps coming out - then motor won't go more than 5 mph. I screw it back in - but it never tightens up. Should it stay loose - or tighten up? it sits behind the carburetor on the right hand side. 2000 Yamaha 250. Thank you for your time.
    Data plate shows the motor to be a Z200TXRY. I think I see a vapor separator tank above the part.

What country are you in?
    Last edited by boscoe99; 10-04-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

If you notice it reads 2 pictures. He has now added the model plate after the fact which makes of now 3

Comment

nope Bosco just enlarged the second pic a little to show the sticker better

Comment

Wagner, can you clarify some things? Yous stated it's a 250HP in your post, yet the ID tag says 200HP. You stated you have carb's, yet it sure does look you have a VST tank (which means injected). You stated this piece is on the right side of the engine, yet that picture shows the left (port) of the engine. It kinda feels like we're getting punk'd here!

However, while your VST looks a little different than mine, it appears that bolt is one of the bolts that secures the VST, right? So... are the female threads stripped? Thread just the bolt in a bit and wiggle/pull on the bolt... does it come back out?

I don't see the correlation between that bolt and speed being limited... although it would actually be your RPM being limited. You likely have a separate issue.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Part #12?

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...injection-pump

Capture.JPG
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X