OX66 Oil Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 Oil Inspection

Got a pair of 200's running after years of hibernation. Running them off a remote tank of premix for now. How do I verify the oil injection system is working? Is there anything I should do to refurb the system for normal use? All oil tanks are full, no alarms going off.

Drain the main engine mounted oil tank by removing the sight sump at the bottom of the tank. Clean and reattach the sump. Do not add oil to the main oil tank.

Verify that the boat mounted remote tank has at least half a tank of oil.

Turn the key to just the ON position. Wait a bit of time.

The alarm will sound. Telling you that the alarm is working. The tachometer may flash or illuminate telling you that the tachometer warning system is working.

The electric oil pump should start running and transferring oil to the main tank. The electric oil pump will run until (1) the main tank is full or (2) for 180 seconds. It will then turn off.

When the engine mounted main oil tank is about half filled the alarm should cease. The notice on the tachometer should cease.

If the engine mounted main oil tank is not filled within 180 seconds I would inspect the strainer at the remote tank, the wiring to the remote tank or the hose for the oil feed from the remote tank.

Comment

I am sure also the service manual for your motors has a procedure to verify the amount of oil being sent to individual cylinders while running on premixed fuel

Comment

Good information - thank you Mr Boscoe99.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          I am sure also the service manual for your motors has a procedure to verify the amount of oil being sent to individual cylinders while running on premixed fuel
          Indeed it does.

Comment

Working...
          X