Oil transfer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil transfer problem

Hello, I have a 1990 130 Etxd. I can't get oil to transfer from remote tank to main tank automatically. I replaced the pump, filter, and trim sender. With main tank empty oil would not transfer, remote tank was full,The guage read yellow. I took off main tank and cleaned out tube, made sure float was attached to bottom of screen and that arrows were aligned. Do these sensors go bad? I was able to fill main tank with switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

should just copy and paste this.... search for any posts by rodbolt on precision blend, he has covered this hundreds times.

Comment

cwap bat man.
      Ill try to post tomorrow.
      but look at the bright side. you now have bunch of good spare parts.

Comment

Thanks rod bolt, but I changed the pump after removing it from tank and putting power to it found it did not work. The trim sender was broken, so that needed to be changed anyway. With both tanks full of oil, the guage still reads yellow. Thanks for your time, I know you spend a lot of it helping guys like me out and I really appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

Seems if all that is new the connections and/or wiring could be the problem

Comment

Yellow light means that the remote boat mounted tank is low on oil. Or, the motor thinks it is low.

Why woud the motor think it is low if it is not? Could be a defective sensor switch in the remote boat mounted oil tank. Could be a lack of a ground to the remote boat mounted oil tank sensor switch. Could be a lack of a ground from the remote boat mounted oil tank sensor switch to the engine computer. Could be a defective engine computer.

Wiring is the most likely issue.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I'm going to check the wires for the main tank sensor. I was wondering if these oil sensors go bad. It's a 25 year old motor. Thanks

Comment

everything electrical or electronic goes bad somewhere down the road.
                after 25 years everything is up to be looked at.
                Lots of things should last many years but some do not, like people even

Comment

This is true, I just bought this boat, and am finding the problems the previous owner forget to mention. Do you think it is the sensor in the main tank or the remote tank that I should change first. Thanks.

Comment

re-read my first reply, do the simple search, all will be revealed a thousand times, sometimes you have to do a tiny bit of work yourself, rather than be spoon fed.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      Yellow light means that the remote boat mounted tank is low on oil. Or, the motor thinks it is low.

Why woud the motor think it is low if it is not? Could be a defective sensor switch in the remote boat mounted oil tank. Could be a lack of a ground to the remote boat mounted oil tank sensor switch. Could be a lack of a ground from the remote boat mounted oil tank sensor switch to the engine computer. Could be a defective engine computer.

Wiring is the most likely issue.
                      Did you not understand what he wrote?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        Is my writing that deficient?

Of course Obamacare had some pretty clear language in it, IMO, yet folks could not agree on what was written.

English language is tough.

Comment

why change anything randomly?
                          why change a trim sensor for ANY oil transfer issues on a V4?

why not simply find out why the yellow lamp is lit that indicates SWB,switch in the remote tank< is open?

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                            why change anything randomly?
                            why change a trim sensor for ANY oil transfer issues on a V4?

why not simply find out why the yellow lamp is lit that indicates SWB,switch in the remote tank< is open?
                            My take is that few want to know how a system works so that God forbid they have to do some trouble shooting. Heaven forbid that an owner's manual gets read, which tells the meaning of the dreaded "yellow" light.

Most, IMO, want to come here, state a symptom, and then have Rodbolt tell them precisely what switch to activate, or button to push, to solve the problem.

Surely that is what he must be doing in the shop. Laughing all the way to the bank with the outrageous amounts of money being charged to fix simple problems. After all, didn't the boat owner read on the internet that the fix was simple?

This is a complicated problematic world in search of simple solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                              Is my writing that deficient?

Of course Obamacare had some pretty clear language in it, IMO, yet folks could not agree on what was written.

English language is tough.

Just to make sure all know, my response was suppose to be to the op and not Boscoe99,
                              even though I quoted Bosco99 so maybe the OP would read it again.

Originally Posted by 99yam40

Comment

Working...
                              X