Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Lower unit bolts torque specs for my Yamaha F100 from 2006.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Lower unit bolts torque specs for my Yamaha F100 from 2006.

Looking for Lower unit bolts torque specs for my Yamaha F100 from 2006. Can anyone help me?

Thanks Michael

Comment

There's a lot of bolts down there - gotta be more specific. But if you're talking about the ones that secure the lower unit to the rest of the engine, good-n-tight is all you need. I have no idea if there is a spec, but in 35+ years I have never once used a torque wrench. Most technicians will not use one, either. It's not a critical area from this perspective.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
        There's a lot of bolts down there - gotta be more specific. But if you're talking about the ones that secure the lower unit to the rest of the engine, good-n-tight is all you need. I have no idea if there is a spec, but in 35+ years I have never once used a torque wrench. Most technicians will not use one, either. It's not a critical area from this perspective.
        My second on this!….now for cylinder head bolts, torque is pretty darn important…if I ever have to do a head or similar then I’d definitely invest in a good torque wrench. For most of the smaller bolts like 8 and 10MM heads I like a one-handed 1/4 inch drive socket…

Comment

A problem is that one man's good-n-tight will result in a fastener that becomes loose. Another man's good-n-tight will strip the threads of fastener.

Comment

Hi

The torque spec is for inside the lower unit. I bought complet new parts for insside the lower unit.

Thanks Michael

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post

My second on this!….now for cylinder head bolts, torque is pretty darn important…if I ever have to do a head or similar then I’d definitely invest in a good torque wrench. For most of the smaller bolts like 8 and 10MM heads I like a one-handed 1/4 inch drive socket…
              "Pretty darn"... and that's saying it lightly. Yup - absolutely use a TW there!

I hear what you're saying, Boscoe, on "good-n-tight" and it's a fair point. But I'll raise your bet with the notion that if someone isn't comfortable figuring that out (for the bolts I mentioned), this might be something they should hire out
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelDK View Post
                Hi

The torque spec is for inside the lower unit. I bought complet new parts for insside the lower unit.

Thanks Michael

new parts inside lower unit means getting the proper shims and setting up clearances properly.
                probably not for a novice to do.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  A problem is that one man's good-n-tight will result in a fastener that becomes loose. Another man's good-n-tight will strip the threads of fastener.
                  I agree with this, but I’ve just never had any problems personally with tightening of fasteners….guess a torque wrench is a great thing for some ham- fisted folks!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

new parts inside lower unit means getting the proper shims and setting up clearances properly.
                    probably not for a novice to do.
                    I agere and I have a Marine friend to help me, but we are missing the torque specs for rhe inside.

Comment

I would think a service manual for your motor would be a must have to do this work.
                      exactly what bolts are inside that need torqueing?

Since I do not see a parts breakdown for a 2006 F100 listed, you may have a hard time finding what you need here
                      Last edited by 99yam40; 09-25-2021, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X