Nothing! When turn the key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing! When turn the key

When i turn the key , i can hear the fuel pump thats all! No clicking nothing!
    it was running fine. Then i went to start it and nothing. Battery is hot its not in gear safty kill switch is in place.
    tried moving the shifter.
    IDK how to test the ignition switch appreciate any help.
    thanks

Its the starter relay that makes the clicking sound, if this is defective then there wont be any power going to the starter motor.

Comment

the ignition switch, when turned to "start" (to "crank" with the starter motor)
      connects power to the brown wire

power on the brown wire then has to pass through the neutral switch (on the shifter)
      then go back to the engine to make the starter motor run

the kill switch prevents the engine from running -
      but it can't prevent the starter motor from operating.

Comment

What motor?

Comment

F115TLRD
          I HAVE yellow & red wire is hot when key is on
          i have power to brown when key is turned to start on wiring harness connection on motor.
          from there i tracked it down to a relay but not tested to see if a short is in between the two.

when i turn the key on yellow and red wire should be hot and should have 12v at starter. Then when turn key to start it sends 12v to brown wire to relay, then relay sends 12v to solenoid ,witch makes the starter work.
          Is this right?

Comment

red is hot all the time
            yellow is hot when switch is in on position.
            brown is hot in start position, but it has to go thru the neutral start switch before hitting the relay

Comment

Thanks for reply ,
              neutral start switch is in the shifter handle or on motor where shifter slides in the groove.
              thanks Rob

Comment

shifter,
                I am guessing you have a 703 ?

Comment

On a remote con*****ed model, the neutral safety switch is always in the throttle/shift box. To prevent the motor from being cranked and started if the motor is in gear.

There may be a neutral position switch on the motor but it is not part of the cranking system.

Comment

Thanks for all the help! Im not sure what 703 is . Its onna aloha pontoon 2005 F115TLRD

i tried to get the service book but the part number came back to F115TR motor
                    idk if thats the same as mine thanks
                    rob

Comment

Yamaha 703-48205-A5-00 - Superseded by 703-48207-22-00 - 703 SIDE/MNT ES W/TR | Boats.net

Comment

Working...
                      X