Vacuum line spring clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum line spring clamps

Is there a less expensive alternative to the Yamaha branded spring clamps that hold the vacuum lines and oil lines on my 94' 200 two stroke?

I would also like to replace some of those lines. What is a good replacement option? What diameter are those hoses anyway. It seems like the id would be about an 1/8" or less.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...90468-07M02-00
    James
    1994 200txrs

Is anything wrong with the stainless steel spring clamps that are on there?…..maybe re-use them?

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      Is anything wrong with the stainless steel spring clamps that are on there?…..maybe re-use them?
      They are missing.
      James
      1994 200txrs

Comment

I see a lot of silver-painted zip ties being used on those kinds of hoses on my engine....
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I think the zip-ties should work fine…but I’d plan to check them now and then to be sure they haven’t dried out and cracked….

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
            I think the zip-ties should work fine…but I’d plan to check them now and then to be sure they haven’t dried out and cracked….
            That is what I have done for the missing ones. But like you suggest. May not be trustworthy. I see lots of spring clamps for sale. But I have not seen any that say they are corrosion resistant or marine worthy.
            James
            1994 200txrs

Comment

Like I mentioned, though, the zip ties are painted silver - meaning they are original. Obvious they won't last forever, but it's not like it's only going to be a few years, either - just don't buy super cheap ones.

On the other hand - look around for zinc plated constant tension spring clamps. Probably a place like McMaster will have them.

Comment

This page shows the differnt types Ziptie | Home go with the fuel type less chance of leaks

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefish View Post
                  This page shows the differnt types Ziptie | Home go with the fuel type less chance of leaks
                  Thank you! UV resistant!
                  James
                  1994 200txrs

Comment

Originally posted by James004 View Post

Thank you! UV resistant!
                    FYI, while it's not a problem to use UV resistant zip ties, it's not entirely necessary since they're not exposed to UV. Besides, I think pretty much all black-colored ties are UV resistant, anyways.

However, Bluefish mentioned the fuel line type ties - and THAT would be a good idea... although, truthfully, not entirely "needed", either. But it's certainly a good idea.

Comment

just out of curiosity, where are vacuum lines used on those 2 strokes?

Comment

For those smaller lines, this style/head works a littler better than regular ties as their "curved" on the inside (sealing a little better):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13387198368...AAAOSwcFFf9t0g

Capture.JPG
                        Scott
                        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          just out of curiosity, where are vacuum lines used on those 2 strokes?
                          I don't know if they are really called vacuum lines. But they are the ones that go from the carbs to the crankcase to "balance" things. I'm not certain on how they work though. I just know that they sometimes would blow off. I think that can cause a lean condition. So I ordered these fuel type from the same company linked above. But thru Amazon.

My second question for the group is. What do I use to replace these lines?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ref_=pd_gw_unk

James
                          1994 200txrs

Comment

Working...
                          X