60FETO Lacking power under 2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60FETO Lacking power under 2k

Hey guys new to the forum so firstly hi!

Ive got a 2 stroke 60HP Yamaha I believe its an FETO?!

Ive had a problem where she doesn't like to sit under 2k revs between 1-2k she will bog down if you try to accelerate and usually cut out unless you build the revs so far I've

Cleaned all the carbs
    replaced the plug
    tried bypassing the auto lube
    Removing a spark plug lead at a time would say its a multiple cylinder problem
    I've tried link and syncing the CDI unit with the carbs

Whats my next step? I haven't got a timing light to check the ignition timing but I feel I've adjusted it so many time and it just hasn't made it better or worse i feel like I've gotta put my hand in my pocket for a new CDI unit.

Is there anything I'm missing? Any help would be massively appreciated
    Regards,
    Ed

OMG. Link and sink CDI.. I think U need to find a marine mechanic. Hey tell you what. I've got drills, special pliers, special picks. Lacking on the pain med's tho. But hey, I can do dental work for you

Comment

Originally posted by edthehill View Post
      Hey guys new to the forum so firstly hi!

Ive got a 2 stroke 60HP Yamaha I believe its an FETO?!

Ive had a problem where she doesn't like to sit under 2k revs between 1-2k she will bog down if you try to accelerate and usually cut out unless you build the revs so far I've

Cleaned all the carbs
      replaced the plug
      tried bypassing the auto lube
      Removing a spark plug lead at a time would say its a multiple cylinder problem
      I've tried link and syncing the CDI unit with the carbs

Whats my next step? I haven't got a timing light to check the ignition timing but I feel I've adjusted it so many time and it just hasn't made it better or worse i feel like I've gotta put my hand in my pocket for a new CDI unit.

Is there anything I'm missing? Any help would be massively appreciated
      Regards,
      Ed
      timing light will tell if the timing is in spec and advancing as it should.
      timing can affect power.
      but there is a chance that the carbs still need more attention.
      running lean at low speed or restricted off idle passaged make the transition from idle to higher RPM difficult

Comment

Working...
      X