Dual charging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual charging?

I have a -93 V6 175hp two stroke that I’m doing some work on. I noticed on the engine that there are two fuzed red wires out of the regulator. One goes to the battery trough the wiring harness and the other is just hanging loose. Checked in the wiring diagrams and didn’t get any wiser. The other red one is in the diagram but it’s not connected to anything. Is that cable for charging another battery?
    Dont mind the Swedish spelling!

What wiring diagram did you check?

Comment

I have a Yamaha workshop manual for my engine on my computer. I can post a picture of the wiring diagram from it.

Comment

Found this on thehulltruth. The V6 is supposed to have a dual circuit charging

Comment

I don't think that is the diagram for your specific motor but yes, a 1993 model 175TLRR or 175TXRR was equipped with the capability of an isolator lead to be added.

Not all Yam V6 motors are the same. I would be very careful using internet information. Particularly that coming from thehulltruth.

If you opened up the copy of the service manual for your specific model you would see that the motor is equipped for the optional isolator lead.

Comment

Yeah I know about the internet as a source for adequate information, I often get surprised about the (des)information that some people post. The manual is in my garage and I was at work and found that picture. Posted it just to show what I mean. Some previous owner have have connected a lead to the loose wire and and put it on the battery cable to the engine. I can only speculate why but I’ll measure the two leads as soon as I get the motor running
            Last edited by Lazlo24; 09-13-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

The two leads from the R/R can both be connected to one starting battery if one so chooses to do so.

Comment

Working...
              X