Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach for 1993 C40PLRR and 703 Control

Hi,

I have a 1993 Yamaha C40PLRR with a 703 control on a 1988 13' Boston Whaler. This is my first boat so I am new to all of this.

I'm looking to install a tach and was wondering if something like a 6Y5-8350T-83-00 would work? If so, what additional cable would I need to hook this to the wires in the harness coming off of my 703? A picture of my wire harness is attached.

Thanks.

Dave
    Attached Files

I do not know about part #s, but 3 wires should get it done
    yellow for key on power 12V+
    Black for ground 12V-
    Green for the signal

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying instead of buying a pre_made wire harness, I should be able to run three wires with bullet plug ends from the tach to the existing harness? If so, what gauge wire would you suggest?

Thanks.

Dave

Comment

This shows the Yamaha harness that can be used to run wiring from the control box to a tachometer.

2015_Yamaha_MRP

Comment

Thank you very much. Would you happen to know if the 6y5-8350t-83-00 works with a 1993 motor?

Comment

Yes, it will work.

Isn't that model premix? If so, then the low oil and out of oil functionality of the tachometer will be irrelevant.

Comment

Yes it is pre-mix. Thanks for letting me know about the oil info. I'm New to this so I appreciate the education.

Comment

Working...
              X