F15 red oil pressure light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F15 red oil pressure light

My 2013 F15 4-stroke runs normally for a few minutes, then the red warning light by the tiller comes on and the speed limiter comes on. If I kill the engine, it re-starts on the first pull and runs fine for a few minutes again.

The red light indicates low oil pressure, and the speed limiter is expected when this warning displays, so that’s fine.

The oil and filter are fresh and the oil level is fine. Does anybody recognize this scenario?

so either you have low oil pressure,
    or you have a bad oil pressure switch.

You could remove the switch and test it -
    (it should open >7 psi)
    or simply buy a new switch -
    as Yamaha parts go,
    fairly "reasonable" price IMO

here is the link to the switch listing here on boats.net

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...UaAm2aEALw_wcB

Comment

Should be two lights there one for oil pressure and one for engine temp. You sure its the oil light that's coming on? Takes only a few minutes for the engine to overheat if it is not getting enough water as well.

Comment

Which light is the oil warning light ? Tiller handle side or start button side? (F20ESHF)

Comment

On my F20, the warning light closest to the tiller handle comes on intermittently while *****ing but not at higher speeds. Is this due to oil pump or faulty sensor? Oil level is fine.

Comment

I can't remember which light is which right now, but you need to figure that out. Look online for a owners manual for you engine. Just guessing now, but if you are getting a flickering light at idle I would suspect overheat and perhaps a weak water pump. When you go faster the water is being forced up through the engine keeping it at proper temperature. But then again it could be possible to have low oil pressure at idle as well.

Comment

Working...
            X