Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 4 stroke “oil”? Leak

Hello to all! This is my first time posting on this forum,

ive been scratching my head trying to figure out where my possible “leak” is coming from..

I will attach a picture.

it looks like oil leaking down the midsection.. an awful lot of it. HOWEVER, it is NOT oil.. the oil levels are absolutely perfect. The oil level has not changed one bit since the last oil change. It does seem to be wasting more fuel than normal. Any ideas on where or what this could be ?

From the picture it looks like it is coming from higher up? Do you have a leak in a fuel line and its coming from under the cowling?

Comment

if it is not oil then maybe gas, look while it is running to see if there is something leaking

Comment

I took apart the vst last night and nothing stuck.. everything working as it should be.. going to replace the gaskets and the intake manifold gasket and put it back together. I’ll run it on the hose for a while and see if any leaks happen.. but I inspected the hoses around the VST area and they all look fine

Comment

Sure looks like engine oil to me...You say you are using too much gas and oil level is staying the same? Sounds like your engine is "making oil" to me. That's gas getting into the crankcase and thinning out the oil.

Comment

Working...
          X