Yamaha prop specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha prop specs.

Having slightly damaged the original prop on my 2006 40tlr motor I thought I would pull it off, get the ID numbers off it and by a new one for a spare. Alas there are no identifying numbers on it. My original owners manual shows where the ID numbers should be but that's not the case. I find no numbers of any kind anywhere on the prop. What gives, anyone have this experience?

Many Yamaha and other propellers do not have markings. Some have minimal markings.

Yamaha engines for the most part do not come from Yamaha with propellers installed. Boat builders and/or boat dealers buy and install whatever propeller they see fit. Sometimes they are not even a Yamaha branded propeller.

It is anyone's guess as to what brand, model and size of propeller that was delivered with your motor.

Maybe you can look at a Performance Bulletin for your motor when used with a boat like or similar to the boat that you have. See what propeller was used. By that type of propeller but with two inches less pitch for your primary or spare propeller. Or, use a propeller selection tool to help determine what propeller may be suitable for your particular boat and motor.

Comment

Excellent advice. Thank you. I also have a prop shop just up the Coast from me. I can take it to them have the damaged one rebuilt and buy a spare.

Comment

I have not seen the bulletins for a Yamaha 40 anywhere here lately so you may need to take your prop to the shop for repair and they should be able to measure it to give you diameter and pitch.

I take it this is a 2 stroke, but not sure what boat you have it on.

I have a C40TLRX on a 16' xpress semi V with side console and run a SS
        Ballistic 10 1/8 X 13.
        I believe there are marks on the hub.
        need to pull prop off to find it

Comment

You are right. I cannot find a PB for a boat with a 40 HP two stroke on it but there are a number with an F40 installed. Propeller size of course will depend upon the size and type of boat plus the load at which it is run.

Comment

My mistake. Its a F40tlr, so its a 4 stroke. The prop service will be able to figure out what prop it is but I will also give them my boat model, typical load, and use. May be a better prop and Ill keep the other on board for a spare. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X