Finding / installing dead man's switch for 8B 677

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Mr. B!

99 - I generally agree with your line of thinking for "most of the time", but there certainly are circumstances where things can go wrong and that's where these things can, literally, be a lifesaver. I have a 13' skiff with a 7.5 on it (well, "had"... it's now a 9.8). At full speed, if I turn too tight, or by accident let go of the tiller... and that motor kicks over to the side, I could easily get thrown from the boat. I don't anticipate any of that happening... but that's pretty much the definition of an accident, right?
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I had a 12 ft aluminum skiff with a 15 hp motor at one time and that was good for 2 normal sized adults and moved well enough to get someone in trouble.
      also had a 10ft one with a 7.5 air cooled motor long ago and that did not move very fast.

I have never rode in a Rib ,so not sure how they handle, but know they are light

Comment

Fellow got killed here last year in 14' aluminum boat with a 9.9 on it. Flicked overboard and then ran over while people watched from shore. At least attach the lanyard if you are by yourself...

Comment

Thanks everybody, really appreciate your help. No doubt I'll be back on here asking advice about how to fit it when it arrives

Comment

Working...
          X