Yamaha 25hp Tiller to Remote Steering Conversion Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25hp Tiller to Remote Steering Conversion Kit

I did some searching and it seems there is all the info I need is in the MRP Catalog ( 2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog ) but I am not sure of the parts to piece it all together. I am wandering if there is a pre-packaged kit for making this an easier process and ensure I am getting the right parts. Info for the motor is bellow and I appreciate any insight.

Specs: Yamaha F25SMHA

6BL-48501-00-00 is shown as the kit number. Kit components are depicted here

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

Thanks for this info, I am glad to see there is a kit to do it. This is super helpful.

I see this is the part for the motor to connect the rest of the system to. I need everything that goes with making a remote steering work, so is safe to say I can get the other parts listed under the Throttle and Shift attachment on the MRP and I will be good to go? Of course less a steering wheel.....

Comment

The kit lists just those parts that are needed at the motor end.

You will need to add remote control cables, the remote control throttle/shift box, steering system, etc.

Welcome to the world of rigging a motor to a boat.

Comment

I can see it is a much different set-up than throwing it on and running the tiller handle. Thanks for the help getting introduced to rigging it up. I will look at tracking down these other parts.

Comment

Working...
          X