Twin LF200XCA, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin LF200XCA, 2015

Hi all, new to the group, thanks for your help in advance. Could someone tell me with twin LF200xca outboards, 2015 models (fly by wire) if i get a certain gauge can i get the setup to automatically make the motors or boat itself stay on gps co ordinates? Or do the motors have to have the digital steering or helm master set up? Are there any accessories i can add to these motors to be able to do this? Thanks once again

presumably you have hydraulic steering -
    and likely a chartplotter/GPS -
    Garmin, Navico, etc -

so you install an "autopilot"
    which adds an electric pump to the steering system
    and an electronic interface between it and your chartplotter

probably ~$2,000 for the equipment -
    but then there's installation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydhMnZ2C_4s

Comment

I am not sure if the OP is looking for auto pilot or sea anchor type of thing to hold the boats position over a spot.
      I have heard of the digital type that controls each individual motor's steering, shifting and throttle to hold position

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help. I have an 8 metre boat, with 2, 2015 yamaha 200hp outboards (200xca fly by wire). I have hydraulic steering, i have a simrad auto pilot (nac 3/ap44, with nss12 3s evo3 and go12xse, i have halo 24 radar. What i am wanting to do is get a system so i can hold the boats position over a fishing spot or co ordinates automatically like the helm master does with "stay point or fish point". I am picking that i would have to get the yamaha helm master to do this? Please correct me if im wrong but i would not imagine the simrad gear would talk to the yamaha motors/ecu's to make the motors hold in one position while dropping a line over the side? If i have to get the helm master set up to do this, i wonder what the price is with this setup? Thanks for your help once again. Geoff P

Comment

Working...
        X