Faulty tilt on my 2004 8hp 4-stroke kicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty tilt on my 2004 8hp 4-stroke kicker

My 2004 8hp kicker on my Crestliner TS192 has a faulty electronic tilt/trim. It runs the motor up without any problem but will only go about halfway down. I can hear the tilt motor running but the motor stops as if it came up against a stopper block, but nothing is physically stopping it. Any suggestions on what I should check? Thanks this is my first post.

Bob

check fluid.
    I know it sounds wrong, but I have read low fluid can be a problem

Comment

Thanks 99Yam40 I'll check that. The boat lives at my cabin so I'll check it this weekend. With it being 200 miles away this may take a number of weeks to figure out, but thanks for getting me started.

If anyone has any other things I can check off this weekend, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Bob

Comment

Assuming you've already checked for some type of foreign object?

Thinking outloud here... if the fluid doesn't fix the problem... if you open the manual bypass screw (do small engines have that?) and the engine goes down, then the pieces inside the hydraulic tube might be broken/bound up. They may slide easily in one direction, but get bound up in the other direction. I've seen this happen on stern drive hydraulics and I would imagine that the basic principles are the same between the two? If the unit IS low on fluid... why? Inspect and look for leaks.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Thanks Dennis01. I'll be running through these items after next week and will get back. I really appreciate the help on my very first post.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X