If you had a choice ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had a choice ?????

Two boats ... both about the same ... 2001 ... one with an HPDI 200 hp ... One with an SX200 ox66 motor .... which would you choose based on the power

Second question the same, boats are similar and both have single 250 hp Yamahas... one hpdi and the other has an ox66
    Hours are similar between 650 and 750 on all four boats .... It seams all have had normal service and maintenance

200 HPDI over the OX66.

250 OX66 over the HPDI.

Comment

interesting ...... thanks for your reply .... i would love it if you could find the time to enlighten ( and educate) me as to why ????

Comment

Feel free to search this forum in regard to these motors. My opinion? Buy a four stroke Yamaha. Life is much simpler.

Comment

Weeellll, if you want too spend more time boating than maintenance and repair I would suggest the OXY hands down. 2 Strokes are much, much simpler than four strokes. And a hell of alot less parts. Go to any outboard race and what are they running besides the 7 Marine motors ? 4 strokes have been shoved down are troats. Till the early 90s the only four strokes around were the little Hondas and the 55 homelite. Think of CARB. That is the reason we have four strokes.I'll keep my 2005 twin merc two strokes for the rest of my tearing up the water. But,, each to their own. OUT

Comment

Working...
          X