Ox66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ox66

Hi. I have a 2000 OX66 that will idle great with the engine cowling off but starts to loose rpms and stalls when I put the cover back on. Tech will not be available for 2 more weeks. I did all the usual, filters, lp fuel pumps, even chased down all the fuel lines. Any ideas. Also have a new o2 sensor.

Have you checked the air intake system on the cowling?

Any signs of the cowling interfering with components mounted on the motor?

Comment

Ditto to the above. Sounds like an air restriction in the cowling intake.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

maybe exhaust gases leaking out under cowling and getting sucked into the intake

Comment

No blockages or interfere. Took the intake cover off and cleaned it real good but still the same problem. However. This time it did the same with the cowling off.

Comment

Hook up a portable tank directly to the engine and see if the issue goes away. If it does, work backward (old fuel lines, bulb, tank pickup, vent system, etc). If the problem persists, you know the issue is at the engine. Check fuel pressure.
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              maybe exhaust gases leaking out under cowling and getting sucked into the intake
              had this exact issue on a motor. only saw the exhaust leak by pure luck. started it early one morning and saw the puff of smoke due to condensation.. been spending all my time looking at air intake system

fixed exhaust and it ran like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by brian3006 View Post

had this exact issue on a motor. only saw the exhaust leak by pure luck. started it early one morning and saw the puff of smoke due to condensation.. been spending all my time looking at air intake system

fixed exhaust and it ran like a champ.
                where was your exhaust leak and how did you fix it?

Comment

Working...
                X