Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 / F300 Tilt Display

Same issue with both sets of engines.

Full down (in) trim and tilt for accelerating from a stop to on-plane. As the boat climbs out and gains speed I give it 3-4 seconds of thumb up trim. When I look down at the gauge, one engine shows "normal" trim up, the other shows "excessive" trim up even though they're both in essentially the same spot.

Disassemble and clean the sending unit at the trim/tilt mechanism?

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
    Same issue with both sets of engines.

Full down (in) trim and tilt for accelerating from a stop to on-plane. As the boat climbs out and gains speed I give it 3-4 seconds of thumb up trim. When I look down at the gauge, one engine shows "normal" trim up, the other shows "excessive" trim up even though they're both in essentially the same spot.

Disassemble and clean the sending unit at the trim/tilt mechanism?
    May just need some spray lube. I don’t know if all Yamaha units are like mine, but there are openings on the side and you can see part of the spring. I’ve had good luck spraying some light lubricant into that area and gently working the mechanism back and forth.

Comment

Wilco. Thanks. If its easy to disassemble I will simply because of age and salt. I just wondered if I was overlooking something else.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
        Wilco. Thanks. If its easy to disassemble I will simply because of age and salt. I just wondered if I was overlooking something else.
        Never removed mine. Just flooded with spray lube and worked the mechanism a bit. Reads a bit kinky but you get the drift.

Comment

Working...
        X