Steeringbracket question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steeringbracket question...

I have an European Yamaha -87 115AETO/6E5 and I need a new steering bracket.

The bracket here in Norway are $1400 !!!

Partno from my local Yamaha dealer are 68V42510308D. Are there any possibility that 6E5-42510-03-EK are exactly the same part?

By using the new knowledgebase I've found my "US engine no" to be 115TLRH / 6E5

T:Power Trim and Tilt Model with electric Start
    L:20"
    R:Remote Control
    H:1987

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

68V-42510-30-8D STEERING BRACKET A $461.46
    That part number is in our parts listing but it is used on F115TLRY motor which is a 2000 115 four stroke motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks!

I'll use the one I have through the summer and when I need a new one I'll order it from Boats.net [img]smile.gif[/img]

Does the engine modelno 115AETO / 6E5 / L (shaftlength) / H (year) excist in your list or is this an european only model?

Comment

No 115AETO is not listed. Here in the US the last letter of model number is the year code and in 1984(the first year Yamaha's were sold here) they started with an "N" and we did get some motors marked AEO and they were considered a 1984 model but that was the only "O".
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

the modelyearcode on my label are not stamped in the enginemodelno. my yearcode is "H" 1987

The enginemodel letters on my engine means:

A: engine generation
          E: electric start
          T: electric/hydraulic tilt and trim
          O: autolube

letter L is stamped by itself meaning "long shaft (20")"

and 6E5 is also stamped by itself

Comment

Working...
          X