Yamaha YDS // compression ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha YDS // compression ???

Can the YDS diagnostics determine compression ?? Or does it need to be done with a compression tester ??

YDIS can not provide compression. Compression tester is needed.

Comment

Thanks for the reply ...... looking at a F225 and the owner is not to keen on me pulling out the plugs .... He is ok with scanning with the YDS. ... If there were a " bad" cylinder would the YDS pick up on any thing that would indicate that ?? Again, thank you for your time

Comment

I would not buy a motor without compression or even better a leak down test to prove all cylinders were sealing properly

Comment

Originally posted by ttles714 View Post
          If there were a " bad" cylinder would the YDS pick up on any thing that would indicate that ?
          Absolutely not;
          the engine ECM "has no knowledge" of the physical condition of the engine,

and YDS would provide little useful information in assessing it;

merely the history of total operating hours within several rpm bands,
          and records of alarm conditions / out-of-range inputs
          (unless those were already cleared - which is easily done)

Comment

What’s the owner got against removing the spark plugs?? …..maybe he’s hiding something?…

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
              What’s the owner got against removing the spark plugs?? …..maybe he’s hiding something?…
              Yea that sounds a lil suspect. Any motor I ever sold I hooked up a compression gauge for the buyer just to show i'm not trying to offload a junker. andy I have bought have also been compression tested...

Comment

Working...
              X