Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting a 1990 Yamaha 150 Outboard Oil Level Sensor - Part# 6R3-85730-00-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting a 1990 Yamaha 150 Outboard Oil Level Sensor - Part# 6R3-85730-00-00

Not much help out there on this subject so I thought I would post a video of troubleshooting the oil level sensor in the main oil tank on the side if the engine.

My issue was: The oil pump in the remote tank was not getting the signal to shut off (Main tank full) so it stayed on and oil overflowed into my engine cowling and made a huge mess, not to mention wasted expensive oil. So here is the video of me proving the oil level sensor was malfunctioning. (Part # 6R3-85730-00-00)

Video Link: https://youtu.be/mevVz1RtPhs

If it strokes more than twice, you're playng with it

Awesome video and explanation.
    Question:
    I have a 50TLR, 2 stroke.
    Having issues when under load and attempting to throttle down. Apparently others have this issue too.
    I’ve read quite a few of these forum posts and some suggest that the engine is in “limp mode” without an alarm buzzing to let the operator know. Limp mode can be created by low oil from what I understand.
    Is there a simple solution to figure out if the alarm and or little float on the sensor works? Can I take that filter/meter out of the oil reservoir and just put that small float on the oil sensor down to the bottom of the oil sensor (as you showed) to see if the alarm goes off? Does the engine need to be on or can I do it with just the key turned?

Comment

Working...
    X